Welcome to The Eye Patch's live in-game blogging of the Raiders 8th game of the season vs the Houston Texans.
• (END OF REGULATION) HOU 24 - OAK 17
4th consecutive loss, including the 3rd straight to the Texans. The Raiders are 0-3 all time vs the expansion team. Raiders get the defending NFC Champion Chicago Bears next week.
• (Q4 1:28) Raiders attempt the onside kick, fail to recover it. Ballgame.
• (Q4 1:37) McCown heaes into the end zone and recently signed receiver Tim Dwight hauls it in for the TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS! HOU 24 - OAK 17
• (Q4 1:57) Barry Sims false start...again.
• (Q4 1:57) No timeouts and under 2 minutes to play. Only question will be if McCown can throw a 4th pick today.
• (Q4 2:04) Matt Turk shanks the punt, giving the Raiders the ball on the Houston 31 yard line.
• (Q4 4:24) Raiders burn another timeout, before allowing the Texans to make the 1st down. Attention Raiders coaching staff...Ron Dayne is going to carry the ball. Oakland burns its final TO, resulting in 6 additional hot dog sales.
• (Q4 4:37) Raiders call timeout. Stop the clock with the intent of dragging this out a few minutes longer so they can sell some more concessions.
• (Q4 4:47) Ah, there's the INT by Ryan. This one counts. McCown's 3rd pick of the day into a three white jerseys. Raiders did one smart thing in cutting Mike Williams...let's hope they can follow that up by sendig mcCown packing.
• (Q4 5:17) McCown scrambles for the 1st down. The guy can't pass for his life, but he can run. Hmmmm, make him your starting tailback once Russell is ready to go.
• (Q4 5:30) Lamont Jordan had a 1st down, but he redirects it in the air directly in the hands of Dameco Ryans for the INT. No, the play is ruled incomplete. Raiders need to go for the 4th and 7.
• (Q4 7:05) Now they huddle up after earning a 1st down. Coem on guys, why is this so hard to understand?
• (Q4 7:42) Down by 14 points, and the first play Lane Kiffin calls is a running play. This isn't your USC offense Kif, gotta huck that ball.
• (Q4 7:58) Rosenfels to Andre Davis for the 42 yard bomb. Touchdown Texans. Raiders don't have the team to comeback from a 14 point defecit this late in the game. Drive home safely folks. HOU 24 - OAK 10
• (Q4 10:05) Ron Dayne continues to pound the ball, rumbling for 15 yards up the gut. Ball is now at midfield. Raiders can't allow anymore points, much less the clock to dribble down to nothing.
• (Q4 11:26) Fargas finally breaks through into the end zone, TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS! The Rsiders first D in 2 games. HOU 17 - OAK 10
• (Q4 12:24) 3rd and 10 on the 12, Raiders pass short, then draw the another personal foul. Hope they realize you can't score a TD on a personal foul.
• (Q4 13:33) 3rd and 7 on the Texans 24 and the Raiders convert the old fashoined way...they let Houston commit a personal foul - facemask penalty.
• (End of Q3) HOU 17 - OAK 3
Raiders need two touchdowns just to tie.
• (Q3 1:28) Jerry porter breaks a tackle and runs 32 yards into Texans territory
• (Q3 6:51) Texans moving the ball again. If the Raiders can't stop the Houston Texans with a backup QB at the helm, who can they stop?
• (Q3 7:41) Namndi Asomugha on the sideline with an icepack strapped to his shoulder.
• (Q3 7:41) Janikowski hits the pooch shot for the Raiders first points of the game. They needed 7 and got 3. Story of the season. HOU 17 - OAK 3
• (Q3 7:47) 1st and goal at the 7 and the Raiders can't get the ball in the end zone. Why is Josh McCown still in the NFL, much less the game?
• (Q3 11:52) Jay Richardon blocks a kick by Brown to stop the bleeding.
• (Q3 11:59) One of the best runners in camp, Adimchinobe Echemandu who was waived by teh Raiders, gets in on the act and runs twice for 6 yards. Setting up another Texans field goal try.
• (Q3 13:40) Dane busts for another 39 yards around the end. The umpire is not able to make the tackle on that play.
• (Q3 14:41) The Riaders make a tackle, stopping Ron Dane who busts for 9 yards on first down. Check that, it was teh umpire that brought Dane down. Raiders still can't tackle.
• (HALFTIME) HOU 17 - OAK 0
The Texans are torching the Raiders porous defense with a castoff running back in Ahman Green and a 3rd string QB in Sage Rosenfels. That makes sense when you have a 4th string QB leading the Raiders and a back in Justin Fargas that has had one big game in his career.
• (Q2 :06) Brown hits the 40 yard field goal to take the 17 point lead. The Raiders defense is a joke. HOU 17 - OAK 0
• (Q2 :39) Houston now gets to drive downfield points of their own. Rosenfels hits Walter for 11 yards to the Raiders 30, then again for another 10 yards to the Raiders 20.
• (Q2 1:18) Janikowski doinks it off the right upright, missing the would be NFL record kick. The Raiders get NO breaks.
• (Q2 1:18) The interception is overturned. McCown is only really bad instead of extremely bad. 4th and 9 and the Raiders are going to go for teh field goal...a 64 yarder, which would be an NFL record.
• (Q2 1:18) McCown throws his 3rd pick of the half to Vaughn Hutchins. The play is under review.
• (Q2 1:53) 3rd and 4 on the Texans 37 with 1:53 to play and Barry Sims jumps again. His 8th false start infraction of the season.
• (Q2 2:00) 2 minute warning and Lamont Jordan has touched tehball once in the half. Is he hurt? No inury report on him..
• (Q2 4:09) Ron Dane busts a 14 yard run up the gut for the touchdown. Again, more Pop Warner tackling. Rediculous. HOU 14 - OAK 0
• (Q2 4:15) McCown tries a deep pass. only to have it picked for another turnover. Bennet makes another play and returns it to the Raiders 15.
• (Q2 10:15) Another stalled drive. Jamarcus Russell, calling Mr. Jamarcus Russell. Please report to the sidelines.
• (Q2 14:21) Schweigart makes the pick on the Texans 1 yard line. Returns it to the 6, so the Raiders have some work to do to get out of their own end zone
• (End of Q1) HOU 7 - OAK 0
A turnover and shoddy tackling leave the Raiders down to tend the 1st quarter.
• (Q1 1:03) McCown's pass is deflected and intercepted by former Raider Danny Clark.
• (Q1 1:27) Daunte Robinson is down, after getting his leg caught underneath himself. Looks like his right knee is torn up. Raiders bringing the cart out on the field to collect him.
• (Q1 1:27) Gah! Raiders convert the 1st down, but Zach Miller is whistled for holding.
• (Q1 4:14) Ronald Curry catches a ball for a 1st down, then get leveled by Fred Bennet along the sideline. Both players are down for the count. Vicious hit.
• (Q1 6:34) Oh no, Raiders turn to the run for the first two plays, setting up a long 3rd down conversion attempt. Only a scrambling McCown saves the drive.
• (Q1 6:51) more of the same thinning technique at the line and Green makes Schweigart look like a Pop Warner tackler at the line of scrimmage. HOU 7 - OAK 0
• (Q1 8:28) 4th and inches on the Raiders 4, and Sage Rosenfels sneaks for the 1st down. Raiders bite on the 3 receiver set and Green in motion, thinning out the line.
• (Q1 10:52) Ahman Green on the screen, and leaves Stuart Schweigart in the dust for 52 yards. Apparently the Raiders did not learn to tackle in the last week.
• (Q1 13:40) Michael Huff pops Owen Daniels, jarring the ball loose, but Houston pounces on it.
• (Q1 14:00) McCown starts under center. 3 pass plays to open the game...Good. Incomplete, Incomplete, QB run for nothing...Bad.
• (2:00 before kickoff) Raiders win the toss and elect to receive the opening kickoff
• (20:00 before kickoff) Houston Texans Inactives: T Jordan Black, DB Jamar Fletcher, OT Brandon Frye, WR Andre Johnson, LB Shantee Orr, TE Jeb Putzier, QB Matt Schaub, G Kasey Studdard.
• (20:00 before kickoff) Oakland Raiders Inactives: C Jake Grove, T Mario Henderson, DB Chris Johnson, QB JaMarcus Russell (3rd QB), QB Andrew Walter, DT Gerard Warren, LB Sam Williams.
Labels: 2007 Game 8, Houston Texans, Live Blogging